Business math Wk of 5/15
All week – work on final project
Business math – Chapter 14 final project
- Choose a destination for a 2 – week vacation listed on p. 433. If you wish to go somewhere besides those destinations listed, you must get my approval. Each person in the class must choose their own destination. No 2 people can go to the same place. You have $4000 to spend on a 2-wk vacation. If you wish to say you’ll be vacationing with 1 other person and splitting the cost of lodging and gas with that person, you can. You must also choose dates for your trip since that will effect the time change. State sources for your trip information. ex. lodging and train/airfare prices.
- Create a power point presentation describing your vacation. (10 points)
- You must include transportation costs to and from the destination and transportation costs while you’re there. If you are driving there and back, you must compute the amount of miles driven and the cost of gas and miles per gallon. (50 points)
- You must also include all the meals while you’re there and include meals while getting to and from your destination. Calculate the cost of all anticipated meals. (50 points)
- You must include lodging costs. (30 points)
- You must include any tickets for any entertainment for what you plan to do once you’re at your destination. (30 points)
- Compute your total cost. It must be no more than $4000. (10 points)
- Compute any time changes there and back. What time zone are you traveling from and to? (10 points)
- Leave some money for miscellaneous items.
- You will give a 5-10 minute presentation to the class describing your vacation. (10 points)