We are excited that the start of school is here! We have missed our students and are looking forward to being able to see them once again. In preparation for Monday, August 17, I wanted to take a moment to share with you a few procedures and notes for the days ahead.
- Drop-off for Grades 1-4 begins at 7:50 a.m. (Kindergarten drop-off begins at 11:45.) Before entering the school building, students will have temperatures checked by school staff using a contactless thermometer. We ask that your child wait in your car until a staff member comes to you. If the temperature is 100.0 or above, that student or visitor will not be allowed to enter the school building. Your child must be fever-free (below 100.0) for 24 hours (without the aid of fever-reducing medication) before returning to school. Also, by sending your child to school, you are verifying that he/she does not have any COVID-19 symptoms. (Anyone entering the building will have a temperature check.)
- Per IDPH guidelines, face masks will be worn indoors by students and staff regardless of social distancing. They will not need to be worn outdoors when social distancing is possible. We ask that students wear a CLEAN mask each day to school. Masks are to be provided by the student’s family. Also, over the next few days, take some time to let your child practice wearing a face mask. We will do our best to make this a positive experience for your child.
- For the 2020-2021 school year, lunch will be eaten in your child’s classroom. Please send a drink with your child’s lunch (juice box, water, etc). Microwaves will not be used this year. It is our plan to continue the Fun Lunch program. Please watch for more information on that once school starts.
- Elementary Afternoon Pick-up begins at 2:30p.m.
- We will not be using water bottles this year. Instead, we will be using disposable cups. If you sent a water bottle with your supplies, we will send it home with your child on Monday.
- More information will be sent home next week regarding Seesaw. We will be using this free app for homework and home/school communications.
- Coming next week—The Elementary Policy Manual will be sent home towards the beginning of the week. It will cover Dress Code, Tardies, Clip Chart System and more. Please be on the lookout for that important document.
Thank you for trusting us with the education of your child. We know that this has been a difficult time for all, and we know that routines and normalcy have been turned upside down. Please know that we are committed to making this the best year yet for your child. We will work hard to provide a safe place for them to grow, learn and shine! FCS really is a place where students SOAR!