Here is the list of questions for our zoom class today. We will be discussing these in class. If possible have them printed out. You will need paper, pencil and your textbook for class today.
Finals Review- 2021
1. What are the two purposes of God’s Word?
2. What is the main message of the New Testament? What does it mean?
3. Why are we obligated to submit to God as our ultimate authority?
4. According to Deuteronomy, what are two responses to God’s being Lord and also show that we are a true disciple.
5. Define Salvation
6. Define Sanctification:
7. Define Justification
8. Define Regeneration
9. What are the three steps for studying scripture?
10. Three attitudes you need in order to be able to observe well?
11. What is the three-point outline of the big story of scripture?
12. In one sentence, summarize what the Bible is the true story of?
13. Who is ‘ in Adam” and who is “in Christ”?
14. What are the benefits of being “in Christ”?
15. What is the great conflict through the ages? Who are these two groups?
16. What were the Jews expecting Jesus to be/so?
17. How do we know that the Servant Isaiah talks about is Jesus?
18. What has not yet been fulfilled concerning the land promise in the Abrahamic covenant?
19. God’s redemptive plan unfolds through what covenants?
20. What Does Matthew’s gospel focus on?
21. What are the 4 major divisions in the New Testament?
22. What is the incarnation?
23. Why is it important that Jesus is fully human?
24. Why is it important that Jesus is fully divine?
25. Did God choose Mary because she was Holier than any other young women in Israel at that time?
26. Why did the angel tell Joseph to call the child Jesus?
27. What is the importance of Jesus’ mission in relation to the Davidic Covenant?
28. What does Galatians 4:4 mean when it says that God sent His Son “ when the fullness of time was come” ?
29. Describe the repentance that John the Baptist calls for?
30. How does Jesus’ Baptism show us that there are three distinct members of the Trinity?
31. Why was Jesus successful in resisting Satan’s temptation?
32. What was the primary purpose of the miracle at the wedding in Cana?
33. What was the original purpose of the temple?
34. What were the people doing that profaned the system?
35. What was Jesus’ purpose in clearing out the temple?
36. What does it mean that each believers body is a temple of the Holy Spirit?
37. What does the “acceptable year of the Lord” mean?
38. Why didn’t Jesus read the whole passage from Isaiah’s prophecy?
39. What was Jesus purpose in His first coming?
40. What did Jesus imply when He gave the examples of the Gentile widow who was fed and the Gentile leper who was healed?