Bible 9th and 10th- November 5
Review sheet answers for test….plus a few extra questions and an essay question.
Answers for review sheet.
2. Creation, church, Nation of Israel, Jesus, His Word ( Bible)
3. Give life, Reflect God’s holiness, Supervise ( give boundaries) Convice
4. A formal agreement between two parties
5. Promises, conditions, Privlileges, responsibilities
6. Conditional- both parts have to meet obligations. Unconditional- one party has to meet obligations.
12. His Word – Bible
13. The Bible is the true story of God redeeming his fallen creation.
14. In the back of the Student activities book.
15. In the back of the student activities book
16. Protevangelium, First glimpse
18. The time period between the Old and New Testament- 400 years
23. In the back of the student activities book
24. Page 26 and first column of 27 in Student textbook
25. He existed before
26. He exist forever
27. Active in creation, sustaining creation, Messenger to many, To Hagar in the wilderness, Moses in the burning bush, Gideon in the winepress and many more on page 28 in Student textbook under the heading Christ in the Old Testament.
28. Sacrifice, to sympathize and intercede for us, To show he is with us (Immanuel), To show what humanity was meant to be, as our example.
29. Theophany (pillar of cloud, pillar of fire, thunder, lightning, smoke.)
30. Christophany ( Hagar, Fiery furnance, Gideon, Moses in the burning bush, Samson’s parents, Abraham, Jacob, Hoses
31. The line of Christ is in student textbook on page 25.
Additional questions for test
What is a metanarrative- A grand story or an overarching story.
What are the 3 parts of the Biblical metanarrative? Creation, fall, redemption
Essay question – Choose one of the essay questions to answer. You MUST develop a paragraph based on the bullet points given.
If you were asked to explain how you know that Jesus is the Messiah promised in the Old Testament, what evidence could you provide?
Jesus is the seed of the woman and will ultimately completely fulfill Genesis 3:15.
He said that every part of the Old Testament spoke about Him.
He is a priest after the order of Melchizedek.
Jacob spoke of a ruler who would come from Judah.
The Old Testament feasts point to Christ.
Passover shows Him as the sacrificial lamb
The Feast of Firstfruits points to His resurrection
He fulfilled many Old Testament prophecies.
Moses spoke of a prophet like himself.
Several Psalms speak of the suffering King.
Isaiah speaks of a spiritual ruler in his Servant Songs.
He was born in Bethlehem
He is eternal.
He rode into Jerusalem on a donkey.
He would be sold for thirty pieces of silver.
He would be forsaken by His followers.
He would suffer vicariously.
He would bless all nations.
Romans tells us He is the ruler of all creation
Philip told the Ethiopian eunuch His identity in Acts.
Jesus came to fulfill the Old Testament law and prophecy. Explain how we know that He was fully God and fully man.
John’s gospel focuses on His deity.
He existed before creation.
Jesus is separate from God (with God)
Jesus is fully God (was God)
He became human (incarnate, came in the flesh)
His humanity was necessary so that He could serve as priest and make a sacrifice.
He can sympathize and intercede for us.
He shows us that God is with us—Immanuel
He is what humanity was meant to be.
He is our example.