For tonight, make sure you finish your essay about the ACT.
For Friday, you need to finish reading “The Pardoner’s Tale” and do a reader’s response.
Here are your vocabulary words for the week. Reminder-the quiz will be next Wednesday.
- Atrophy (noun): any weakening or degeneration
- Augment (verb): enlarge or increase; grow or intensify
- Avuncular (adj): like an uncle in kindness or indulgence; being or relating to an uncle
- Bane (noun): something that causes misery or death
- Belie (verb): represent falsely; be in contradiction with
- Belittle (verb): lessen the authority, dignity, or reputation of; express a negative opinion of; cause to seem less serious
- Bellicose (adj): having or showing a ready disposition to fight
- Belligerence (noun): hostile or warlike attitude or nature; a natural disposition to be hostile
- Benign (adj): pleasant and beneficial in nature or influence; kindness of disposition or manner; not dangerous to health
- Bizarre (adj): conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual
- Blatant (adj): noisy in a vulgar or offensive manner
- Blunder (noun): an embarrassing mistake; verb utter impulsively; make one’s way clumsily or blindly
- Brevity (noun): the attribute of being brief or fleeting; the use of brief expressions
- Bucolic (adj): relating to shepherds or herdsmen or devoted to raising sheep or cattle; used of idealized country life
- Bucolic (noun): a short descriptive poem of rural or pastoral life
Here is the zoom link for class today:
Beth Morse is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Meeting ID: 729 6115 4414