We are excited to welcome our Grandparents to campus on Tuesday, November 21, for a special program beginning at 9:00am. The program will be held at the Middle School/High School gym. Students, grades K-12, will be sharing during the event. For more information, please contact the school office.
Dear FCS Families,
We want to take this opportunity to invite you to be a part of “The Best Gift,” the annual Live Nativity at Faith Christian School. This year, we will once again be taking our Christmas production outside, and we need your help. We are looking for volunteers to help serve in several different areas. But first, here are the event details.
This will be a drive-through event held at the Elementary. Our plans are to depict seven different scenes of the Christmas story and life of Jesus: Mary and Joseph en route to Bethlehem, the angels and shepherds, the Wise Men, the Nativity, Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, the cross, and the empty tomb. The event will be Friday, December 15, 5:00-7:00pm. We are hoping to have enough cast members where we can rotate “actors” in and out of the scenes (in case it is cold). The actors do not have any speaking parts, they just have to stand there. J
Please take a moment to see how you can get involved.
Opportunities to Serve—
- Traffic—We need help with directing traffic on the night of the event.
- Actors—We need all ages of students (K-12) and parents…Mary, Joseph, angels, shepherds, Wise Men, stable animals, and an adult Jesus for the garden scene. The cross scene will be an empty cross. Remember, we are trying to fill two complete cast lists…i.e. Mary—4 actors, Joseph—4 actors, Shepherds—6 actors, etc.
- Gym Monitors—We would like to have several parents who could help monitor students while they are inside in the gym waiting to go out to their scenes. Snacks are being provided by the PTF Hospitality Committee this year.
- Guest services—To those from the community who will be driving through, we will be passing out treats and an informational card with the Christmas story on it. We need individuals who are willing to be part of that crew.
- Set-up—On Thursday, December 14, after school, we will need help with getting everything in place.
- Clean-up—Clean-up will happen at the conclusion of the event on Friday evening. We need adults and teens who are willing to help get the scenes “torn down” and put away. With many helpers, the process takes under an hour.
If you are interested or willing to be a part of this event, you can either return the attached sheet to school or email Mrs. Callison (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Worrell (email@example.com). Please respond by Monday, November 20, 2023.
Last year, we saw over 200 cars come through the Live Nativity. We are excited to help share the love and light of Jesus with our community again this year. We also know that this will be a wonderful way to celebrate Jesus’ birthday together as a school family. Jesus is the Best Gift that we can share!
It is Walk-a-Thon Time!
Our first fundraiser for the school year is the FCS WALK-A-THON. Join us on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at the Dixon Bike Path, Washington St., entrance at 9:00am for this exciting opportunity to support Faith Christian School. We will meet briefly at the entrance to the bike path prior to the walk. There will be a time of prayer and a drawing for door prizes for those in attendance prior to walking. The 1-mile marker, signifying the turnaround, will be marked. When you have finished the 2-mile course, you are free to go. Water and snacks will be provided. You do not need to be present to participate in the fundraiser. Just walk 2 miles on your own at another location.
In the weeks leading up to the walk ask friends, family, neighbors, etc. for donations. An envelope with a pledge sheet attached was sent home the week of September 1. Make sure your donors fill out all of their pertinent information on the pledge sheet. If they would like a receipt for tax purposes, please mark “yes” in the tax receipt column and a receipt will be mailed. If your potential donor would like to be billed at a later date, that is also an option. Just make sure to record their correct address with the zip code on the form and DO NOT mark paid. This shows the school office who needs to be billed. Please use the envelope for all pledges collected.
The turn in date for pledge sheet, including all pledges collected, is Wednesday, September 20, 2023.
Online giving is also available through the school’s website. Make sure your donors note your name on the online form so that you get the credit toward your yearly fundraising goal.
The WALKATHON is the only fundraiser in which you get 100% credit for the money you collect toward your yearly fundraising obligation. The top earner for K through 6th grade and the top earner 7th – 12th grade will each receive $100.
Let’s get walking, Faith!
New for the 2023-2024 School Year…
When school starts in August, there will be a new class added at the Elementary. For the first time in the history of Faith Christian School, there will be a second section of a grade added to the school roster…we are going to have two First Grade classrooms!! We continue to give God glory for His unfailing faithfulness to and provision for the ministry at FCS. He is so good!
A note for First Grade parents–Mrs. Worrell will contact you via email by Tuesday, August 1, to notify you of the class in which your child will be.