No homework for the weekend. Make sure you figure out what you would like to do for your research paper. 🙂
No homework for tonight. Make sure you study for the vocabulary quiz. My username for Quizlet is beth_morse86.
The only homework is to study for the vocabulary quiz that is on Friday. Here is the link to the list on Quizlet:
Don’t forget to do your character chart for tomorrow.
There is no homework due on Thursday.
The vocabulary quiz is on Friday. Don’t forget to study!
There is no homework due tomorrow.
For Wednesday, you have the character chart for The Giver due.
On Friday, there will be a vocabulary quiz.
Vocabulary List 3
- Palatable (adj): pleasant to taste; agreeable
- Palliative (adj): a remedy that improves but doesn’t cure
- Quack (n): person dishonestly claiming to have certain knowledge or skills
- Quagmire (n): a very difficult situation
- Rabble (n): crowd; the lower classes
- Rail (v): to complain bitterly about something
- Sacrosanct (adj): extremely sacred
- Sagacious (adj): having sound judgment; wise
- Table (v): to remove from consideration
- Ubiquitous (adj): omnipresent, widespread
- Ulterior (adj): situated beyond; hidden
- Vacillate (v): to sway unsteadily; to waver in mind
- Vacuous (adj): lacking intelligence; empty
- Waft (n): a light breeze; a sound or odor faintly perceived
- Waive (v): to surrender; give up
For Monday, study for The Giver test. If you read the book, you should be fine.
For Wednesday, you need to do your character chart. Make sure you put it on construction paper.
Also, don’t forget to pick a paper topic.
For tomorrow, Study for your vocabulary quiz. The words are on Quizlet. Remember, my username is beth_morse86.
For Monday, make sure you have finished The Giver. We will be taking a test on it.
For Wednesday, you need to do a character chart. It needs to be on construction paper. You have to do the characters of Jonas, Fiona, Gabe, and the Giver, plus 2 more. You will put their picture and underneath 3 character traits.
Read 20-23 of The Giver and do a reader’s response on Seesaw.
For tomorrow, make sure you finish your works cited page and either e-mail it to me or post it on Seesaw.
For Thursday, read chapters 20-23 in The Giver and do a reader’s response in Seesaw.
Vocab quiz is on Friday.
The words are below:
Vocabulary List 2
- Hamper (v): hinder; obstruct
- Idolatrous (adj): excessively devoted
- Igneous (adj): pertaining to fire; volcanic
- Jabber (v): utter rapidly; chatter
- Jaded (adj): tired; bored; worn out
- Keen (adj): finely sharpened; perceptive; intellectually sound
- Kindle (v): to ignite; excite
- Labyrinthine (adj): complicated, entangled
- Laceration (n): a cut; wound
- Macabre (adj): gruesome; suggesting death
- Machiavellian (adj): cunning and deceitful
- Naïve (adj): ingenuous, unsophisticated
- Natty (adj): neat and tidy; smart
- Obdurate (adj): unwilling to change one’s mind or actions; stubborn
- Obfuscate (v): to make confusing; unclear
For Monday, you need to read chapters 18 and 19. Then, go onto Seesaw and do a reader’s response. I posted the assignment, so make sure you respond to it.
For Tuesday, use easybib.com to make a Works Cited page. You need to do a book and a website article. You will also add the 5 sources listed on the paper below. When finished, either post it in Seesaw or email it to me.