Faith Christian School
Falcon Plan, Fall 2020
“We know that we are better when we can be together!”
Current Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Guidelines—
- Guidelines apply to both public and non-public schools, PreK-12th
- Face masks are required indoors even when social distancing is possible.
- Face masks are not required outdoors when social distancing is possible.
- Gatherings limited to 50 people or less in one space.
Faith Christian School’s Response to IDPH Guidelines—
- FCS will follow the guidelines set forth by IDPH. Families will provide face masks for their student(s).
- Since face masks are not required outdoors when social distancing is possible, extra times OUTSIDE are being added to the daily schedule at both buildings. Also, outdoor classrooms are being completed for the start of school.
- Classroom Desks are being spaced apart to allow for greater distance between students.
- Plexi-glass sneeze guards are being built for teachers to stand behind during whole class instruction. Plexi-glass dividers are being placed between sinks in restrooms.
- Temperature Screenings will be conducted before entering the building.
- Non-essential visitors will be limited.
- Daily cleaning and disinfection of school buildings will be done.
- Class size is limited to 14 students per grade.
- Students will attend school on campus every day.
- Pre-school time has been changed to 8:15-11:00. Kindergarten has been adjusted to a half day (12:00-2:30).
- Dismissal times have been changed to allow for extra cleaning and less time in face masks.
- 5th-8th Grade—2:35
- 9th-12th Grade—2:40
Please know that the IDPH guidelines are ever-changing, and FCS administration is monitoring new developments as they become available. Any changes to the current plan for school in the fall will be communicated in a timely manner to parents and students.