This week’s news and reminders…
- Wednesday, September 21
- “See you at the Pole” 7:30a.m., at the Middle School/High School
- PK4 Picture Day
- 12:00 Dismissal for K-12th Grade
- Walkathon pledges are due.
- Boys’ Soccer at Dixon High School, 6:00p.m. Admissions for the game is Adult-$5, Student-$3. We are doing a “Pink Out” for the game. GO FALCONS!
- Thursday, September 22
- Friday, September 23
- Saturday, September 24
- Walkathon, 9:00a.m., at the Washington Ave. entrance
- SCRIP Information–Please take a moment to read the attached flier regarding the RaiseRight program (formerly called Scrip). It is a valuable program that can be used for either tuition or fundraising.
“Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice! Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His presence continually!” Psalm 105:3-4
Put Your Walkin’ Shoes On!
It’s that time of year again! The annual Walkathon is scheduled for Saturday, September 24, beginning at 9:00am. As in years past, participants will gather at the Dixon Bike Path on Washington Avenue and walk the 2-mile path raising funds for FCS. Donation packets are being sent home on Tuesday, September 6. The Walkathon is the only fundraiser in which you get 100% credit for the money you collect toward your yearly fundraising quota. Also, the top earner for Kindergarten-Sixth Grade and the top earner for Seventh-Twelfth Grade will each receive $100.
For giving online, you can click on the link below. Please make sure that your donors note your name on the online form so that you receive the fundraising credit.
It is time again for our annual School Work Days. On Friday, August 5, from 4:00-8:00pm, and Saturday, August 6, from 8:00am-12:00noon, volunteers are needed to help get both the Elementary and Middle School/High School campuses ready for the start of the new school year. From cleaning to landscaping, there are jobs for everyone. Please note, if you are planning to help at the Middle School/High School campus, we ask that you park at the Elementary and walk the path to the MS/HS. Paving is scheduled to begin this next week! Yay!
Additional opportunity–Also on Friday, August 5, from 8:00am-4:00pm, we will begin the installation of the new Elementary playground, specifically the natural play area and pea gravel pit. If you would like to also help with this project, please contact Mrs. Worrell via email at email@example.com or call the school office at 815.652,4806.
Make plans now to attend one of the work days…great things are accomplished when we work together! 🙂
Monday, May 23, 4:00-9:00pm
Join us at the Dixon Culver’s for an evening of yummy food and fundraising for FCS. A portion of the sales from the evening will go to benefit the FCS Outdoor Improvement Fund (which includes the Elementary Playground and the paving of the parking lot and drive at the Middle School/High School.). A higher portion of sales will be donated for every online order placed between the hours of 5:00-8:00pm. We are thankful for our local Culver’s and their willingness to help support the school. Now, who wants a Butterburger and some frozen custard?
Faith Christian School (Preschool-12th Grade) is currently accepting applications for student enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year.
Building a Legacy
For more than four decades, FCS has been faithfully serving the Sauk Valley area. We have seen our graduates attend prestigious colleges and universities across the country–The U.S. Military Academy at West Point, University of Michigan, University of Illinois, Cornell University, Liberty University, Olivet Nazarene University, Virginia Tech University and Indiana Wesleyan University…to name a few. In and out of the classroom, our goal is to make a positive impact for Christ in the lives of our students.
Looking Through a Christ-centered Lens
At Faith Christian School, all subjects are taught with a Biblical worldview…Jesus Christ is the focus lens through which students will learn and grow in knowledge and understanding. Not only in Bible but in Reading, Social Studies, Science and Math–Biblical truths are taught and discussed.
For more information on admissions and enrollment, please contact the school office by calling 815.652.4806 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parade Scheduled for Faith Christian School Principal
Faith Christian School invites the community to take part in a parade to honor Mrs. Linda Foster who will be retiring at the end of this school year. Mrs. Foster has been on staff at FCS since the fall of 1991 and has served as principal since 2006. The drive-thru event will take place on Wednesday, May 19, from 2:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m., at Faith Assembly Church of Grand Detour, 3886 Wisconsin Street, Dixon. Parade participants are welcome to decorate their vehicles to show their love and appreciation to Mrs. Foster for her years of faithful service to the school and its students. There will be signs marking the route to the church.
For more information on the event, please contact the school office at 815.652.4806
or visit their website at www.fcsfalcons.com.
Faith Christian School
Falcon Plan, Fall 2020
“We know that we are better when we can be together!”
Current Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Guidelines—
- Guidelines apply to both public and non-public schools, PreK-12th
- Face masks are required indoors even when social distancing is possible.
- Face masks are not required outdoors when social distancing is possible.
- Gatherings limited to 50 people or less in one space.
Faith Christian School’s Response to IDPH Guidelines—
- FCS will follow the guidelines set forth by IDPH. Families will provide face masks for their student(s).
- Since face masks are not required outdoors when social distancing is possible, extra times OUTSIDE are being added to the daily schedule at both buildings. Also, outdoor classrooms are being completed for the start of school.
- Classroom Desks are being spaced apart to allow for greater distance between students.
- Plexi-glass sneeze guards are being built for teachers to stand behind during whole class instruction. Plexi-glass dividers are being placed between sinks in restrooms.
- Temperature Screenings will be conducted before entering the building.
- Non-essential visitors will be limited.
- Daily cleaning and disinfection of school buildings will be done.
- Class size is limited to 14 students per grade.
- Students will attend school on campus every day.
- Pre-school time has been changed to 8:15-11:00. Kindergarten has been adjusted to a half day (12:00-2:30).
- Dismissal times have been changed to allow for extra cleaning and less time in face masks.
- 5th-8th Grade—2:35
- 9th-12th Grade—2:40
Please know that the IDPH guidelines are ever-changing, and FCS administration is monitoring new developments as they become available. Any changes to the current plan for school in the fall will be communicated in a timely manner to parents and students.
“Excitement Grows for the New Faith Christian School Elementary Building!”
If you have driven by the old Grand Detour School just off Highway 2 north of Dixon, you have probably seen the activity taking place on the vacant building. Faith Christian School students and faculty are eagerly awaiting the opening of their new elementary campus at this site scheduled for this spring. Purchased last September by Faith Assembly Church on behalf of the school, the facility is under renovation in anticipation of Kindergarten through 4th grade students soon filling its classrooms.
On the exterior of the building, a new roof will be completed by the end of the month. The interior of the school is being updated with a new state of the art fire and security system, new classroom floors, and other exciting improvements that will allow teachers to enhance the classroom experience for their students. The school will include classrooms for five grades, an art/music room, gymnasium and a library. “This renovation project is being done with a high level of excellence that is consistent with and complements the excellence in education that or principal and teachers provide,” states Jeremy Heller, Project Manager.
In addition to the improvements taking place to the physical building, families and staff are looking forward to plans for an innovative outdoor area that will be used for both play and learning. Fallen trees have been cleared, and the ten acres of property will not only create room to build this outdoor learning center, but also will provide an abundance of space for students to play sports, games, and activities.
Faith Christian School is seeking financial partners for their vision to “SOAR into the Future”, which will provide Sauk Valley families an enhanced option for education that is committed to academic excellence and achievement within a strong Christian environment. For more information contact Faith Christian School 815-652-4806, or visit www.fcsfalcons.com.