2.9: Reading and Notes
What is the “correspondence theory of truth”?
How to take great notes
- Title each page of your notes with the section, classroom discussion, or video it covers.
- Review and write your section’s discussion question at the top of your page before taking notes.
- Take notes after reading the section (or while you read the section.)
- Your notes should answer the discussion question.
- If your study guide includes scripture and you find that scripture in your reading section, always write down the reference and verse(s) in your notes.
- Provide definitions for any important terms, such as those in your glossary.
- *Recommended*: Include definitions for new words that you need to know to understand the important terms.
Note: This note-taking approach works well for any class that gives you learning objectives or even discussion questions ahead of time.