Read Act 2 Scenes 1 and 2. Make sure you pay attention to some of the important lines throughout Scene 2.
Vocab is back! Study the words below for the quiz that is next Wednesday.
Also, the book report is due in 3 weeks. Grading sheet is below.
Vocabulary List 16
- Apocalyptic (adj)-involving or predicting disastrous, uncontrollable events
- Concatenation (n)-a joining or linking together of elements
- Convulse (v)-to shake or cause to shake suddenly and violently
- Decree (n)-an order or decision which, according to its author, must be obeyed
- Expatriate (n)-one who leaves his or her country to live elsewhere
- Fetid (adj)-smelling very bad; stinking
- Holocaust (n)-a catastrophic event resulting in widespread loss of life
- Infraction (n)-a violation or breaking of a rule
- Insouciance (n)-freedom from concern; lighthearted lack of awareness
- Minion (n)-a slavish follower, attendant, or supporter
- Sanguinary (adj)-involving much bloodshed or killing
- Staccato (adj)-broken up into short, sharp bursts
- Sybaritic (adj)-marked by extravagant pleasure and luxury
- Thespian (n)-an actor or actress
- Verisimilitude (n)-the quality of appearing true; depicting realism