January 26- Chapter 6 Explain question due
January 31- Project due- Interview a person with a non infectious disease. Oral report or written report
Questions for Interview
What to say! How to ask! We are doing a chapter on noninfectious disease in our health class. I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a few questions so I can better understand (name of disease).
Interview someone who has a noninfectious disease. Some examples would include: Arteriosclerosis, heart disease, cancer, diabetes (type 1 or 2), arthritis (osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis),cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis.
1. Identify the disease
2. When and how did you learn you had this disease?
b. Dr. apt.
3. What are the symptoms?
4. How does it affect your day to day life?
5. Is it hereditary? Do others in your family have it?
6. What is the treatment?
7. What lifestyle changes have you had to make?
8. What is the hardest part of having this disease?
If you know they are a believer, you could ask some spiritual questions.
9. How does your faith help you?
10. Do you ever question why God allowed you to have this disease?
These are some sample questions. You should try to make it a conversational type interview. If they have things to add please listen and learn. If they seem resistant to answer a question, don’t push it.
February 7- quiz A chapter 7
February 9- quiz B Chapter 7
February 14- Explain questions- Chapter 7