These are the answers we reviewed in class for the Health final. There will also be a section on Chapter 5. Study for that from the Quiz A and Quiz B and the chapter 5 test.
1. It is striving to live a life pleasing to God: physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually.
2. Physical, mental, social and spiritual wellness
3. SECULAR CHRISTIAN
Physical – outward appearance Inner beauty and countenance
Mental- concerned with self. concerned with others
Social- Popular with many no matter cost clear conscience with those you relate with
Spiritual- Freedom of choice Strong relationship with God
4. God’s desire is for us to experience abundant life.
5. Our decisions matter because the choices we make will eventually determine how close you come in reaching your God-given potential.
6. Lifestyle stairs
Values affect behavior which affect our choices, our choices affect our behavior and then our behaviors become habits.
7. Values are the personal standards we set for what is important or has worth to u
8. Systems of the Body
Circulatory- transports blood throughout the body
Respiratory- A group of passages that exchange gases
Muscular- Provides movement
Skeletal- Framework for the body
Digestive- Breaks down food into chemical form for absorption
Excretory- Provides ways for waste to be expelled
Integumentary- Provides protection, sensitivity, and regulation of body temperature
Nervous- Maintains stable internal environment.
Endocrine- Secretes hormones to send messages to the cells via the blood
Reproductive- to Produce offspring.
9. Prescription for Good nutrition 7
Eat a variety of foods
Maintain ideal weight
Use exercise to keep metabolism high
Increase dietary fiber- 25-35 grams
Eat less sugar
Eat less sodium
Eat less fat
10. Type- What kind will I do
Intensity- how hard
Duration- how long
Frequency- how often
Maintenance- How long should I keep it up
Motivation- How can I stay motivated?
11. Four parts of physical exercise are: cardiovascular strength, muscular strength, Flexibility, Lean vs. fat body weight.
12. Sleep is important because it :
a. Improves ability to concentrate
b. A changing body needs sleep
c. It provides energy
d. Improves ability to cope with life
e. Improves overall attitude