Read Pages 153-158 in Total Health.
Complete Quiz A and Discussion questions 1-4
Chapter 6- Quiz A
2. Noninfectious Disease
3. Degenerative Disease
4. Genetic Disorder
7. Birth Defects
8. Lifestyle Diseases
9. Risk factors
Fill in the Blanks:
10. _______________________ is very important in fighting degenerative disease.
11. As the result of _________________ Adam and Eve’s relationship with God changed as did their
____________________ and ________________________ conditions.
12. For by one man’s ___________________________ many were made sinners, so also by one
Man’s _________________________ many will be made righteous.
13. Explain the phrase : “ God is sovereign and full of grace.”
14. List three physical hazards that may cause illness.
15. Lifestyle diseases may start developing at an early age. Explain how teenagers can make positive lifestyle choices to help in the prevention of noninfectious diseases. Include in your answer specific examples of positive lifestyle choices.
1. Explain what is meant by spiritual and physical degeneration.
2. Explain why noninfectious diseases are said to be degenerative diseases.
3. Explain what the role is of heredity, environment and lifestyle on degenerative diseases.
4. Explain why hypertension (high blood pressure) can be dangerous to your health.
5. Explain why heart disease is called the “silent killer.”
6. Explain why Dr. Paul Brandt describes cancer as a “mutiny of the body.”
7. Explain what is the primary concern of someone who has diabetes.