Welcome students! I hope you are all doing well. We will be continuing in our textbook and student activities book. We will be watching a few Bible Project videos which I will post right here on the online learning tab. Please type out your answer to video questions and email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9th and 10th Grade Bible
Here is the list of questions for our zoom class today. We will be discussing these in class. If possible have them printed out. You will need paper, pencil and your textbook for class today.
Finals Review- 2021
1. What are the two purposes of God’s Word?
2. What is the main message of the New Testament? What does it mean?
3. Why are we obligated to submit to God as our ultimate authority?
4. According to Deuteronomy, what are two responses to God’s being Lord and also show that we are a true disciple.
5. Define Salvation
6. Define Sanctification:
7. Define Justification
8. Define Regeneration
9. What are the three steps for studying scripture?
10. Three attitudes you need in order to be able to observe well?
11. What is the three-point outline of the big story of scripture?
12. In one sentence, summarize what the Bible is the true story of?
13. Who is ‘ in Adam” and who is “in Christ”?
14. What are the benefits of being “in Christ”?
15. What is the great conflict through the ages? Who are these two groups?
16. What were the Jews expecting Jesus to be/so?
17. How do we know that the Servant Isaiah talks about is Jesus?
18. What has not yet been fulfilled concerning the land promise in the Abrahamic covenant?
19. God’s redemptive plan unfolds through what covenants?
20. What Does Matthew’s gospel focus on?
21. What are the 4 major divisions in the New Testament?
22. What is the incarnation?
23. Why is it important that Jesus is fully human?
24. Why is it important that Jesus is fully divine?
25. Did God choose Mary because she was Holier than any other young women in Israel at that time?
26. Why did the angel tell Joseph to call the child Jesus?
27. What is the importance of Jesus’ mission in relation to the Davidic Covenant?
28. What does Galatians 4:4 mean when it says that God sent His Son “ when the fullness of time was come” ?
29. Describe the repentance that John the Baptist calls for?
30. How does Jesus’ Baptism show us that there are three distinct members of the Trinity?
31. Why was Jesus successful in resisting Satan’s temptation?
32. What was the primary purpose of the miracle at the wedding in Cana?
33. What was the original purpose of the temple?
34. What were the people doing that profaned the system?
35. What was Jesus’ purpose in clearing out the temple?
36. What does it mean that each believers body is a temple of the Holy Spirit?
37. What does the “acceptable year of the Lord” mean?
38. Why didn’t Jesus read the whole passage from Isaiah’s prophecy?
39. What was Jesus purpose in His first coming?
40. What did Jesus imply when He gave the examples of the Gentile widow who was fed and the Gentile leper who was healed?
Assignment for Wednesday. May 5
Make Reading notes for page 163-167
Model your reading notes after mine. You can do questions, fill in the blanks or define.
You should do 2 questions for the introductory paragraph.
For the first section, Jesus’ Answers to John’s Doubt, do 12 questions, fill in the blanks or define.
Section 2- John the Baptist—- Forerunner of the Kingdom of Heaven do 12 questions, fill in the blank or define.
For the final section Rejection of the Kingdom, do 10 questions, fill in the blanks or define.
Matthew 11: 28-30
Come unto ____________, all ye that ___________________ and are heavy ____________________
And I will give you ___________________. Take my yoke _________________ you , and
__________________ of me: for I am ____________ and _____________ in __________________: and
ye shall fine ___________________ unto your souls. For my _________________ is _______________
And my ________________________ is ____________________.
________________ unto me, all ______ that _____________________ and are ____________________
_________________ , and I will give you _______________. ________________ my ____________
_________________ you, and ________________ of me; for I am ________________ and
___________________ in heart: and ye ________________ find rest unto your __________________.
For my _______________ is ________________ and my burden is ___________________.
Come ______________ me, all ye that ________________ and are __________________
_____________________, and I will _____________ you ________________. Take my yoke
________________ you, and ________________ of me; _____________ I am ______________
And ________________ in _________________; and ye _________________ find rest unto your
___________________. For my __________________ is easy and my ________________ is
Significance: Jesus’ offer of ___________________ will result in a __________________ walk of
____________________________. Jesus way are not ________________________ compared to the
_________________ of sin. The way to find _____________ for your _______________ is to walk
Humbly like your __________________.
1. Read the article: Jesus as a Polarizing figure.
This article is on the back of your fill in the blanks that was handed out yesterday. Mrs. Hauck has copies of this for those of you that were missing yesterday.
Read this article and fill out the reading notes provided. After each section there is an opportunity for you to write a take away. A “take away” is just that. After reading the section, what is something you learned, understood better, something you want to learn more about, something that became clearer or more personal to you, etc.
2. Student Activity 5.4 on pages 75 and 76.
3. Work on scripture memory for Friday. John 5:17 and 18. (attached)
Jesus as a Polarizing Figure
What does Matthew’s gospel presentation provide proof of?
How is Matthew’s gospel presented?
What are the types of responses seen in the gospel?
A Physician to Heal the Sick
How did Matthew respond to Jesus’ Call to follow him and why?
Why did tax collectors have a bad reputation?
What was the Pharisees response to Jesus eating with tax collectors and why?
_________________ not ____________________ is God’s true way.
The Pharisees were _________________________ hypocrites. They didn’t think they had any
______________ for God to _____________ them.
Failing to show mercy was not just a ______________ it was ________________________
Write one take away for you from this paragraph.
The Bridegroom and the New Covenant
Why did the disciples of John question Jesus?
What had John’s disciples embraced?
What did they not understand?
What did Jesus further explain that His coming had brought?
He told them they shouldn’t try to fit His new ways into their ________________ ________________.
What two analogies does Jesus illustrate this with?
Jesus didn’t come to _________________ the law but to ______________________ its intended purpose.
Explain what this means.
Write one take away from this section.
The Great Object of Faith
Jesus ministry brought about responses of _____________________ ________________ and
What has Jesus already shown His power over? What does He show even greater power by doing?
What did the zeal of the blind men lead them to do?
Jesus _________________ spread even more _____________________ , though few people
_________________________ His ______________________.
A Polarizing Figure
What does the concluding miracle climax with?
What was the powerful question that people had to answer after interpreting the evidence?
Write one take away from this section?
How does Matthew conclude His narrative?
What two analogies did Jesus use to make His point?
Due Friday, April 23
John 5: 17 and 18
Jesus said to them, “ My Father is always at His work to this very day, and I , too am working.” For this reason, the Jews tried all the harder to kill Him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but He was calling God His own Father, making himself equal to God.
Jesus said to them, My ___________________ is always at His ________________ to this very ________, and I too am ________________________.” For this _______________, the ___________
Tried all the ____________________ to ________ Him; not only was he _______________ the
______________________, but He was calling God His ____________ Father, Making himself
_______________ to God.
______________ said to _____________, My _______________ is ___________________ at His
______________ to this ____________ day, and I too am ________________________.” For this
__________________, the ___________________ tried all the ____________________ to ___________
Him; not _________________ was he ______________________ the ______________________, but He
Was __________________________ God His own ________________, making ___________________
Equal to _____________.
Jesus __________________ to ___________________, “ My ________________ is always at His
________________ to this ________________ _____________, and I too, am __________________.”
_____________ this very _______________ the Jews _______________ all the ______________ to
____________ __________; Not only was He _______________________ the __________________;
But ____________ __________ even ___________________ God His own ___________________
Making himself ___________________ with God.
Write the verse 2 more times.
But the men marvelled, saying, what manner of man is this, that even the winds and waves obey Him
Significance: Jesus was no ordinary man. Jesus had great power and authority even over nature. Jesus powerful displays would keep pointing the disciples to recognize His diety.
But the men ____________________, saying, What _________________ of man is ____________, that
Even the _________________ and the _______________ obey Him!
But the __________ marvelled, saying, ______________ manner of _______________ is this, that
________________ the _________________ and the _______________ ___________ Him!
_____________ the _________ marvelled, saying what ___________ of __________ is this,
_____________ ______________ the _______________ and _____________ obey _______!
Write the verse 2 times.
Significance: God was revealing through Jesus great ________________ and ______________.
He was no ___________________ man.
Jesus powerful display would keep pointing to His __________________.
Read section 5.2 and answer the following questions.
Jesus is Lord Over Both the Physical and Spiritual World
1. What is Jesus capable of reversing?
2. What has the earth become since the fall?
3. Mankind faced __________________ from the _________________ world and
_____________________ __________________ from the _______________ world.
4. Define fiendish:
5. What has Matthew already shown?
6. What does this new passage show?
Calming the Storm
1. Calming the storm show Jesus’ power over nature. What is clear from the description of the boat and the storm?
2. Who led the disciples into the terrifying storm?
3. What can Jesus’ disciples trust?
4. What does James 1:2-3 tell us?
5. What proves that someone’s faith is genuine?
6. What comparison is made to a believer’s response to trials?
7. A right response to ____________________ shows that there’s life in ___________________.
8. Despite suffering believers get __________________________ and _____________________.
9. The way we handle trials demonstrates there is ________________ in us.
10. What actions did the disciples take during the storm?
11. What seemed right about their actions?
12. What question did Jesus ask?
13. Define rhetorical?
14. What point is Jesus making?
15. What did the disciples emotional state prove?
16. What was Jesus’ emotional state and what did it prove?
17. The state of _______________ did not honor Christ.
18. What did Jesus do next?
19. Writ 5 facts about Hurricane Katrina.
20. What does the calming of the storm powerfully illustrate?
21. What does the Old Testament say about the person who can calm the sea?
22. What does Psalm 107 seem to do?
23. What verb is used to describe what the disciples did when the sea became calm?
24. What question did they ask?
25. Jesus has just shown His ______________ _________________ over the most
____________________________ natural forces on earth.
26. What did He clearly reveal?
27. What does Jesus give a foretaste of in this story?
28. What will change with humanity when the curse is reversed?
Casting Out A Legion of Demons
1. What does Matthew 8: 28-34 present Jesus as?
2. What did Satan become after the fall?
3. What were fallen humans called?
4. How many demonic powers was Jesus confronted by?
5. Define Legion:
6. Describe 5 facts we know about the two demoniacs?
7. What two questions did the 2 demoniacs ask Jesus?
8. What did the 1st question reveal?
9. How many pigs were lost?
10. Why did people want Jesus to leave?
11. What does commentator Matthew Henry point out?
12. This account is about Christ’s mastery over a whole _____________ of ________________.
13. What will Christ do to our spiritual enemies?
14. Define abyss:
Responses to Jesus’ Miracles
1. What were the two responses to the miracles?
2. Believers run to ________________ when they’re __________________. Unbelievers ________ away.
3. Believers _________________ and __________________ at God’s _________________ and
_____________________________, but they put their faith in the God whose ____________
Serves His ________________ and the can rest assured in their ____________ _____________.
4. What might believers struggle with?
5. What will Christ ultimately do?
6. What should you trust?
Answer the Thinking It Through questions on the bottom of page 145.
Due today: March 26
Fill in blanks Bible verse activity ( attached below)
Final Assignment unit 4 (Attached below)
Final Assignment for Unit 4
1. State the big idea of Matthew 6 in Two sentences. Page 102 (10 Points)
2. State and explain the 6 request modeled in the Lord’s Prayer (30 points)
3. Why isn’t living in open sin the alternative to hypocrisy? What should you do if you are not sure you believe or know that you don’t believe? Page 113 (20 points)
4. Explain the 7 reasons why you should not worry in life. Section 4.4 (35 points)
5. Explain what Jesus did and did not mean when He said not to judge. (page 121) 20 points
6. Explain the 3 warnings that Jesus gave when He called for a decision in response to His sermon.
7. What does Jesus mean when He says you have to be known by the Father in order to be in God’s Kingdom? How do we know that is what He means?
8. In order to interpret a metaphor well, you need to figure out the point of comparison. How are false prophets like wolves? Matthew 7:15 (5 points)
9. What is the point of the parable of the laborers in the vineyard? Matthew 20:1-16) How does that point relate to seeking first the kingdom of God in Matthew 6? (10 points) Page 114
10. Explain why Matthew 7:21 isn’t teaching that good works result on salvation even though obedience is required for entrance into the kingdom of heaven?
LEARNING FOR LIFE
1. Identify three religious work, other than prayer, fasting and giving that are genuinely good but that could be done with hypocritical motivations. Explain what you could do to avoid these hypocritical motivations. (30 points)
2. Describe one scenario that could be considered hypocritical judging. Describe another scenario that could be considered legitimate fruit examination.
Beware of ___________________ prophets, which come to you in _______________ clothing, but
_____________________ are ______________________ wolves.
______________ of false _____________________, which ______________ to you in sheep’s
_____________________ but inwardly are __________________ ________________.
Beware of ___________________ __________________, which come to __________ in
___________________ ___________________ but ___________________________
Are ________________________ __________________.
Write the entire verse 2 times.
Not every ________ that saith unto ____________ . _______________, _______________ shall
Enter into the __________________ of ________________; but he that _________________ the will
Of my _______________________ which is in ___________________.
Not every ________________ that _________________unto me, Lord, Lord shall ______________ the
Kingdom of ____________; but _____ that ________________ the _____________ of my Father which
is in __________________.
Not every one that ______________ unto __________, Lord, Lord shall enter the ___________________of _________________; but _________ that _______________ the __________
Of my _______________ which is in _____________________.
Write the verse 2 times.