There is no homework due tomorrow.
For Wednesday, you have the character chart for The Giver due.
On Friday, there will be a vocabulary quiz.
Vocabulary List 3
- Palatable (adj): pleasant to taste; agreeable
- Palliative (adj): a remedy that improves but doesn’t cure
- Quack (n): person dishonestly claiming to have certain knowledge or skills
- Quagmire (n): a very difficult situation
- Rabble (n): crowd; the lower classes
- Rail (v): to complain bitterly about something
- Sacrosanct (adj): extremely sacred
- Sagacious (adj): having sound judgment; wise
- Table (v): to remove from consideration
- Ubiquitous (adj): omnipresent, widespread
- Ulterior (adj): situated beyond; hidden
- Vacillate (v): to sway unsteadily; to waver in mind
- Vacuous (adj): lacking intelligence; empty
- Waft (n): a light breeze; a sound or odor faintly perceived
- Waive (v): to surrender; give up