World Lit Homework for 9-14-2020
For tomorrow, make sure you finish your works cited page and either e-mail it to me or post it on Seesaw.
For Thursday, read chapters 20-23 in The Giver and do a reader’s response in Seesaw.
Vocab quiz is on Friday.
The words are below:
Vocabulary List 2
- Hamper (v): hinder; obstruct
- Idolatrous (adj): excessively devoted
- Igneous (adj): pertaining to fire; volcanic
- Jabber (v): utter rapidly; chatter
- Jaded (adj): tired; bored; worn out
- Keen (adj): finely sharpened; perceptive; intellectually sound
- Kindle (v): to ignite; excite
- Labyrinthine (adj): complicated, entangled
- Laceration (n): a cut; wound
- Macabre (adj): gruesome; suggesting death
- Machiavellian (adj): cunning and deceitful
- Naïve (adj): ingenuous, unsophisticated
- Natty (adj): neat and tidy; smart
- Obdurate (adj): unwilling to change one’s mind or actions; stubborn
- Obfuscate (v): to make confusing; unclear