- Monday class– We will go over the memory verses on the Final exam. Knowing and understanding the memory verses is the easiest way to score free points on your exam.
- By Tuesday morning: I will have a Quizlet folder up for the Final exam. The folder will organize the questions into 3-4 sets, marked by theme. The learning psychologists say this is a great way to store information. On Tuesday Morning, find the set here –> Final Exam Semester 2 Folder | Quizlet
- Tuesday class– We will discuss and take notes on the essay questions. I will not give essay answers, but you may work together on these notes, which you may use on the exam.
Study for the quiz today!
Study for the test Thursday.
Study here Unit 5 Folder | Quizlet
Find all unit 5 quizzes here.
We will have our first unit 5 quiz on Tuesday. Study here Quiz 5.1-2 Flashcards | Quizlet
You can now earn extra credit in Bible class through the following process.
Watch this video about taking notes on a sermon Sharing My Church Notes | How I Take Sermon Notes to Focus Better, Learn More, And Grow Spiritually – YouTube
Then, based on the video, write out a response to the following prompts:
- Describe anything new or interesting that this guy pointed out about sermon note-taking.
- What part of this guy’s process would be most difficult for you?
- What part of this guy’s process is different from yours?
- What part is the same?
- Why is he so excited about sermon note-taking? What does he say it can do?
- Why do you take sermon notes? Give more than one reason
- Do you disagree with anything he said? If so, what?
Once you show me this response, then (1) that paper and (2) up to two sermon notes a week will be accepted as extra credit. I will only need to see them. I won’t collect them.
The notes will immediately boost your grade with bonus points on homework and quizzes. However, it will take a lot of notes to replace an assignment.
Note: You do not have to use this guy’s method. My personal sermon notes differ from his notes, but he has a good process. And I will probably try out his last step more now.
We are in unit 5.
- Due Tuesday: Bible Project Response Sheet
- Past Due: Thinking it Through 5.1-5.2 — And anything from unit 4.
Grades are going out soon. Speak to me if it’s low. We can make up most assignments, but you’ll have to reach out to me.
The Summaries/Unit 4 Worksheet is due Monday.
The unit 4 test is this Monday.
Study for it here Unit 4 Folder | Quizlet
Test essay question: “Explain why a new heart is necessary for true obedience”
Here is the folder for Unit 4 Unit 4 Folder | Quizlet
There you will find the Quizlet set for the quiz on Weds 2/9/22 4.7-4.8
Coming soon: You will find the Quizlet set for the Test on Mon 2/14/22