Redo the Black X sheet that was done in class today.
Use See Saw to type up 25 facts on shale fracturing and on coal.
No assign due Monday, March 22
English -“commotion” vocab card
Science – AM p 127-128, #1-10
Health – AM p 195
Chapter 6 review, p. 274, #14-24 even and 19
No assign due Monday in 7/8 science.
No assignment for Thursday, March 4. >>The assign due Friday will be posted on See Saw on Thursday.
AND THE TEST IS FRIDAY.
Lesson 6.5, p. 259, #1-15
Here are the questions for the unit Three review.
Review Sheets can be turned in on Friday, March 5.
1. In general, what is the Sermon on the Mount about? (Page 72)
2. Explain the characteristics of the people who are called blessed in four out of the eight Beatitudes. Pages 73-77
3. What was God’s original intent for mankind? Page 72
4. What does it mean to be blessed? Page 73
5. What does it mean to be pure in heart? Page 77
6. How do you make peace in a world that refuses to submit to God? Page 77
7. Why should followers of Jesus be like salt? Light? Page 82
8. What does it mean that Jesus fulfilled the Law? Page 83
9. Describe the kind of righteousness Jesus demands? Page 84
10. What does Jesus mean in saying we must be perfect? Page 85
11. What promise did God make to enable His followers (people) to become perfect? Page 85
12. What is always at the heart of murder? Page 86
13. What should you do if somebody else is angry with you? What can’t you do if you are angry with somebody else? Page 87
14. What did Jesus really mean when He talked about gouging out your eye or cutting off your hand? Page 88
15. What was the intended and original purpose of the Old Testament law about an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth? Page 92
16. Describe how we are to apply with wisdom Jesus’ teachings about getting even? Use other scripture to defend your answer. Page 92
17. Since Old Testament Scripture commanded that we ought to love our neighbor, what wrong conclusion had many people jumped to? Page 93
18. List three ways and briefly explain each one, on how you can follow Jesus” teachings about how to respond to enemies. Page 93
19. Describe God’s standards and expectations for His followers? Page 95
20. What does the Father provide even for people who hate Him? Page 93.
Learning for Life
1. Describe two scenarios in which you could live out the Beatitudes as you attempt to be salt and light in your home, church, school or community. 20 points
2. Differentiate between hypocritical and genuine righteousness in three of the six areas of the law that Jesus addressed. Identify patterns that need to change and how you plan to change.
The six areas are discussed in Matthew 5: 12-48 and in your textbook on pages 86-95.